What is REMI?
- REMI is a dynamic economic modeling program created by Dr. George Treyz. Regional Economic Models, Inc. (REMI), founded by Dr.Treyz in 1980 is located in Amherst, MA. The REMI model is a regional economic modeling program created to inform and improve the quality of public policy decisions.
Who else utilizes REMI?
- Since 1980, REMI has worked with hundreds of clients including state and local governments, agencies, national and international corporations, the federal government, higher education institutions, major cities and many others including the US Army Corp of Engineers, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
What issues will CSI look at?
- The REMI dynamic economic model can help determine, with independent analysis, the short and long term costs, benefits, positives and negatives of major public policy initiatives including: education, tax, budget, regulatory policies, land use, infrastructure, water, agriculture, tourism, transportation, housing, demographics, crime and security effectiveness, energy and other state and local projects, policy questions, ballot initiatives and strategy planning.
- The REMI model can help evaluate the difference between government expenditures and government investments.
- The REMI model can analyze education reform outcomes and work force skills, matched to existing and projected career and job opportunities.