Website & Social Media Manager
Common Sense Institute
Greenwood Village, CO or Phoenix, AZ
About Common Sense Institute
The Common Sense Institute (CSI) operates nationally in multiple states. CSI currently has state chapters in Arizona and Colorado; with plans to expand into additional states in the coming years. Each state has its own board of directors, however, all states operate under the same EIN and share services under a central office. This position would service all state chapters and be part of the central office.
About the Role
If you’re a creative visionary with an eye for detail, have a desire to make a difference, and a belief in free enterprise, this position may be for you!
The Website & Social Media Manager will work with team members across the organization to execute marketing strategies for various internal projects and programs. The primary responsibilities for this role will be social media content curation, website administration, analytics reporting, and email creation. This includes updating the website on a daily basis, developing content, designing visually creative images, implementing social media strategies to increase engagement and audience, tracking growth, identifying and implementing trends in digital outreach, and the overall building of CSI’s digital footprint across all platforms.
The ideal candidate will have 1-4 years of experience in marketing with some experience in the public policy non-profit sector space. They love producing social media content and have a passion for driving innovative solutions. This position is full-time, reports directly to the COO, and can be based in CSI’s Greenwood Village, Colorado office or Phoenix, Arizona office. This is not a virtual position.
- Execute marketing strategies that advance the CSI mission
- Draft and publish content on social media channels to increase engagement and website traffic
- Coordinate, design, and send weekly email newsletters that drive users to CSI research
- Provide marketing support to various programs and projects
- Provide reports for organic and paid marketing efforts to help further improve performance
- 1-4 years of marketing experience
- Experience in public policy, non-profit sector, or with a government agency is a plus
- Intellectual breadth and experience in public policy issues (in Colorado or Arizona is a plus)
- Passion for free enterprise
- Strong design skills with a portfolio of designs
- Able to perform in a team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize independently
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Experience in social media and web development
- Demonstrated understanding of social media best practices
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Proficiency with HTML
- Experience working in Canva, AdobeDesign, or similar design software
- Experience with Sprout Social (or other posting platform), Constant Contact
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
CSI strives to provide a competitive compensation package including:
- Salary Range: $50,000-$70,000
- 401k after one year of employment – up to 4% match
- 50% health care insurance coverage
- 15 paid vacation days, including the majority of holidays and extra days at Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Paid sick leave
- Annual educational and professional development
- 4 virtual work days per month
- Childcare reimbursement
- Travel: None
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter explaining why you are qualified for this position, why you believe in free enterprise, and how you would grow CSI’s reach
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Specialist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.