The Communications Intern assists CSI’s mission to examine the economic and fiscal impacts of policies, by supporting members and partners in understanding CSI content, research, and reports. This position will help in executing Common Sense Institute’s marketing and communications strategy, which includes community engagement, fundraising, and brand recognition. Other key duties include design and administrative support. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Communications: Supports communication efforts through engaging with donors, members, and community members.
- Draft communications to policymakers, members, board members, and prospective donors
- Develop communications tool-kits to ensure CSI research is being consumed and understood
- Creates evergreen content and fundraising content through external materials. i.e., Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), Constant Contact (E-Newsletters).
- Assists in maintaining the CSI website (WordPress).
- Research ways to improve our communication efforts and attract new target markets.
- Administrative Support: provides administrative support for general operations.
- Maintain updates in Airtable, Constant Contact, Sharepoint, Donor Perfect, and other software tools.
- Support webinars, events, and fundraising efforts as needed.
- Several years towards a Bachelor’s Degree in communications, non-profit management or other related field.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with communication platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.
- Experience with design tools such as powerpoint and Canva.
- Strong ability to collaborate and work within teams.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Reliable vehicle for transportation during work hours.
- Experience working with database platforms
- Experience working with WordPress and Constant Contact
- Willingness to work flexible hours including occasional evenings
Hourly Pay Range: $18/hour
Employment: Part-time- 10 hours, 2 5hr days (9AM-2PM suggested, but flexible) per week at CSI located in Greenwood Village, CO.
About Common Sense Institute (CSI):
Common Sense Institute Colorado (CSI) is a non-partisan research organization dedicated to the protection and promotion of Colorado’s economy. CSI Colorado is at the forefront of important discussions concerning the future of free enterprise in Colorado and aims to have an impact on the issues that matter most to Coloradans. CSI Colorado’s mission is to examine the fiscal impacts of policies, initiatives, and proposed laws so that Coloradans are educated and informed on issues impacting their lives. CSI Colorado employs rigorous research techniques and dynamic modeling to evaluate the potential impact of these measures on the Colorado economy and individual opportunity.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume, cover letter and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5.
NO CALLS PLEASE.